- The High Court has ruled that MwanaHalisi is guilty of defaming the businessman and Igunga MP, Rostam Aziz, and has ordered the tabloid to pay Tshs 3bn/- in damages.
- The poet and Nobel laureate, Derek Walcott, is forced to withdraw from contention of the Oxford Poetry Professorship election after the resurfacing of decades-old sexual harassment allegations. For more on Derek Walcott, here is a 2004 profile from The New Yorker.
- As part of their ‘Something From Nothing’ exhibition, the Nafasi Art Space Gallery in Mikocheni, is showcasing a series of joint works by a group of Tanzanian and European artists to celebrate Europe week in the year of innovation and creativity. The exhibition will run till the end of May.
- Economists from the African Development Bank (AfDB) are forecasting that East Africa will bounce back quicker from the economic crisis than any other region of the continent due to its growing diversity of income generating streams and markets.
- Last but not least, IPP Media’s website gets a new, sexy makeover.